Music Centre meets every Saturday during term time
Young Music Makers
- Responding to music and joining in with others
- Experiencing rhythm, dance and singing games
- Understanding pitch, pulse & rhythm
- Learning reading skills
- Playing simple percussion
Beginner Recorders (Early Days Recorders)
Tutor: Paul Hunter
Ages 5 to 10
9.00 am – 10.15 am
- For beginners to pre-Grade 1 standard
- Sound introduction to recorder technique
- A range of pitch, rhythm and notation activities to develop early reading skills
- Playing in 2 and 3 parts
- Sight reading and singing at pitch encouraged on a weekly basis
- Repertoire is arranged to provide parts and opportunities for all levels
- No previous experience required (children in reception/KS1 are encouraged to complete a year of musicianship training [Kodaly Kids] before joining)
Beginner Strings (“Rhythm ‘n’ Bows”)
- Our very youngest violinists have a chance to develop their technique and musicality in a relaxed but stimulating setting.
- Players learn basic rhythms, open strings and fingerwork to a fun and challenging repertoire.
- Confidence is built from the start.